17 May 2010

The One Where Susanna Called My Name

I climbed to the roof the other day
It was beautiful
The sun was setting and the ravens tried to cut my eyes from their holds
It was amazing
In an alternate universe,
The one where I and the Costa Rican girl woke
Entangled in each others' arms,
I flew with them
Cawing and calling and stretching out all black, my wings
I could see the world from shadowless depths in flight
I could dream
I could wake
I could be anything but what I was at that moment:
A solid shape, less ethereal
Less real
More nothing than the air around me;
More changed
Than still the same
The same when I awoke last week
When everything was mottled, pained, and dry
When everything was sad and lonely
Forgotten and forlorn

An effort

I was something less forgotten then
I was something more held to and remembered
Well-loved and appreciated
Something more...
I was always something more...
In this alternate universe
Made of pixels and creations in my mind.

No comments: