30 July 2008

At Any Cost

Oh peaceful change of beauty's ways,
be quick and draw me in, I pray
give night to slumber, life to day
And change again my heart dismayed

Oh heathen-heart, thou fleshy crime!
a broken ribcage, found sublime
could neither bend nor break thy time
to bear this burden: oh burden mine!

Oh burden bent, my breaking back
inside, a cage without attack
can neither tame nor ever crack
the shame or torment that I lack

Oh lacking heart, a breath so cold
could fateless vision now controlled
within thy wake thy fate withhold
to break from thine encumbered mold

Oh mold thus broken: shattered seam
a torn and fraying broken dream
could more than just within us seem
to crash into a thousand beams

Oh thousand beams of fraying light
give hope to darkness' straying rite
that deep within me causes fright
to guide me blind to futures bright

Oh future bright, thou future found
solidify my raucous ground
and in my slumber make the sound
that brings me home so thusly bound

Oh binding tie, thou wish of mine
to thus within me grip and bind
and in forever, thus to find
thine heart of hearts again in kind

Oh heart of hearts of heart of hearts
a thousand dreams i would impart
to on thy stage play some small part
and in thy life not end but start

Oh starting time, thou life unspent
intoxicated by thy scent
of wishes held and words unbent
i dream of life and dreams unrent

Oh rending dreams of beauty's wish
a brand of savored empty dish
that in itself fulfills it's niche
to neither charge nor mend a stitch

Oh stitch un-stayed thou fix unclave
thou witless folly fit, unsaved
cannot by meaninglessness waived
befit the courage of my grave

Oh grave unkempt, thou graven grove
within thy slumbered kit I love
for moments passed in hidden droves
that slumber fitfully above

Oh fitful height of slumber lost
i would to thee, at any cost
impart my whole unspent unlost
unending soul at any cost



30 July 2008
started at 7:50pm, ended at 8:45pm

No comments: